1. Go to Prometric and submit your application. This currently costs $155.00. (Prometric is the company that the Florida Board of Nursing currently contracts with to administer the test)
2. Use this website to study and practice for your tests. You will take 2 tests.
A 60 question written test and a clinical skills test. Click on the tabs above for more information on these tests.
3. Get Fingerprinted. Prometric will send you a confirmation of your application and then you will proceed to a vendor to get fingerprinted. The cost is approximately $80.00 which you pay to the vendor at the time of fingerprinting.
4. Take the test. Prometric will send you a test date once your fingerprints are processed.
In the State of Florida you can take the CNA state test and become a CNA if:
- You are 18 or have a high school diploma
- Pass a written and clinical test administered by Prometric
( All applicants are fingerprinted - and must disclose any charges other than minor traffic offense. For more information on applicants with criminal charges visit. Florida Board of Nursing
Who Can Become a Certified Nursing Assistant